All the material in the archived pages section relate to the previously published NiE pages. Click here to download the published page.
You will need to Register so you can download the supporting resources on this website. Click here to register.
Then click on the left-hand menu to access: The Theme quiz, downloadable pdf Theme lessons and teacher notes that go with the NiE page.
You could use this page as a starting point to explore the question why study history? with your students. For more information and teaching suggestions can be found under the More information tab.
• Two examples of significant events – the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, and students are asked to complete the other example, Sir Edmund Hillary’s conquering Mt Everest
• Key events timeline – students are asked to match the correct picture to the event
• Timeline activity – students can construct their own timeline of significant events in New Zealand history
• Research project – students can choose a historical event of their choice, and research it in more detail
• Picture interpretation – using the Springbok tour protest as an example, students learn how to examine photographs as a primary source of history.
Encourage your students to use the Front Page Builder activity accessible from the home page. They do not need to register on the website.
Page Theme Quiz – new each week
Front Page Builder – an interactive front page builder where students use supplied current news pictures and captions to make their own front page.
Ka kite ano
The APN NiE team