All the material in the archived pages section relate to the previously published NiE pages. Click here to download the published page.
You will need to Register so you can download the supporting resources on this website. Click here to register.
Then click on the left-hand menu to access: The Theme quiz, downloadable pdf Theme lessons and teacher notes that go with the NiE page.
• An insect identification wheel
• How many insects are there in New Zealand and worldwide?
• What insects do and their role in the environment
• What are insects – a labelled diagram
• How to look at insects – some advice is given and students are asked to draw and label the body parts of the insect.
• A life cycle activity – students choose an insect and draw its life cycle
• An art activity – students make a collage of an insect
• Is it an insect? Students decide whether an animal is an insect or not
Encourage your students to use the Front Page Builder activity accessible from the home page. They do not need to register on the website.
Page Theme Quiz – new each week
Front Page Builder – an interactive front page builder where students use supplied current news pictures and captions to make their own front page.
Ka kite ano
The APN NiE team